Friday, January 29, 2010

Work day at the ranch
















Antonio and Alex are using electric sanders. I promise you that we prefer these to hand sanding! Glad that the Week of Sanding is ovah.
There are volunteer ambulances here, hence the Red Cross sign.
Fires to burn brush or household garbage are common. This fire was on our road, unattended. This is also common. I saw a fire in a public park and young kids went up to examine it, no adults around. Very interesting, and not likely something you´d see in the States!
And finally, a random picture (aren´t they all?) of mi arbol favorito, my favorite tree. Speaking Spanish almost all day makes me want to teach Spanish when I have enough time back home. Such a great thing it is to be able to talk freely with people here!

No comments:

Post a Comment